The old chapel is known to have been destroyed by the French in 1793 and rebuilt by the Guasch family. In any case, in 1885 it was almost in ruins. With the acquisition of the estate by Fèlix Macià Gelbert, he intended, from the outset, to carry out its reconstruction, which would eventually be done by his children Fèlix and Mercè Macià Bonaplata. The current one, slightly displaced from the previous one, was inaugurated and blessed on Saint James’ Day 1887.

The neoclassical style chapel consists of three parts: a crypt under the presbytery, the chapel itself and the square bell tower that rises 17 meters. Its architect Salvador Viñals from Barcelona. Its altarpiece, as well as several paintings by Pere Borrell, were lost in the looting it suffered in 1936.