Building whose origins lie between the 11th and 12th centuries. Throughout the 18th century, it was substantially remodeled, with support and reinforcement, as well as the construction of two side chapels. A differentiating feature of the chapels is their location. They are located in the middle of a nave, the best place to reinforce the collapsed wall, which results in a Greek cross plant instead of a Latin one like the rest. They also differ in the semicircular cambered shape, instead of the usual rectangular. Its appearance in opus spicatum of local stone bound with abundant lime mortar is remarkable in the facing. The arch of the apse and the presbyteral jambs were affected in the 17th century by the installation of an altarpiece destroyed in 1936.

The last restoration work was completed in 2008.

Virtual tour
Descriptive audio of the church

Listen to the phrase to know what the church of Sant Esteve de Les Pereres is like.


Do you want to know the legends of our region ?