Description

A building of great simplicity from the middle of the 12th century with a long, low nave with respect to its width; and covered by a pointed vault. Two double-slit windows open in the apse and the south façade. The southern façade has different remakes with the reuse of pieces of cornice decorated with sawtooths, which show the extension of the nave of the Romanesque building that must have been made in the 18th century when the prismatic tower was opened in the center.

The door is open to the west façade and has two almond-shaped archivolts and retains part of the original Romanesque ironwork.

The large gilded wooden altarpiece that presides over the altar dates from 1790, an example of the late Baroque of our region, hides the entire Romanesque apse and only fits in the central part, in this case, the image of the Verge del Carmen .

At the end of the nave and above the door there is a wooden choir, which also preserves the oil sink.

Plant and section